(For Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology)


How can I find out if my license is up to date?

  • Use our online license verification database to view your license information. Important information regarding your license including when your license was issued, when your license expires, if your license is delinquent, and if your address is incorrect

How do I change my address of record?

How do I change my name?

  • The request must be in writing and mailed to the Board. You will need to include documentation of the name change. Please note, there is a $25 processing fee per license type to receive updated physical licenses prior to renewing license. Download the Notification of Name Change form from our website:


Where do I mail my application and supporting documentation to?

  • 2005 Evergreen Street Suite 2100, Sacramento, CA 95815

How do I submit fingerprints?



  • If you are submitting fingerprints from out-of-state, submit two completed FD-258 fingerprint cards and an additional $49 processing fee. Download a template for printing the FD-258 fingerprint card onto cardstock paper on our website:
  • Or call ahead to any fingerprinting location to see if they have FD-258 cards available on-site.

How can I check the status of my application?

  • Please allow at least four weeks from the date received for processing. During the Board’s peak season (approximately May through October) processing times may increase. Processing time for incomplete applications may vary dependent upon when supporting documentation is received. You may email the Board at to check the status.


When is my renewal period for completing continuing education (CE) hours?

  • A renewal period is the two-year period from expiration date to expiration date of your license (for annual renewals, it is the one-year period from expiration date to expiration date of your license). CCR 1399.160(d)
  • There is no grace period. Working with a delinquent or expired license is considered unlicensed practice and is a violation of the law. B&P 2532
  • If this is your first renewal, the renewal period is from issuance date to expiration date of your license.

How long do I need to maintain record of my CE hours?

  • You are required to maintain records of completion for a minimum of two years beyond the date you renew your license. CCR 1399.160.12

How do I submit my CE hours?

  • By submitting a completed renewal form you are certifying to the Board that you have completed the requirement. You do not need to submit evidence of completion for the CE requirement unless requested by the Board.


What are the responsibilities of a supervisor?

  • For HAD-Trainee supervisors, please reference CCR 139.116

How many licensees may I supervise?


How long is the RPE license valid for?

  • Full-time (at least 30 hours per week): 12 months (or 15 months in a school setting)
  • Part-time (15-29 hours per week): 20 months (or 23 months in a school setting)

Am I allowed to work at a per diem (less than part-time) location?

  • Yes, as long as you have an approved supervisor at the location. If the supervisor is different from your current supervisor you will need to submit a completed RPE Change in Supervision/Workplan form to add the additional supervisor to your license.
    Please note that supervised experience that is less-than part-time (less than 15 hours each week) will not count toward the required weeks to complete the RPE.

What if I need an extension to finish the RPE?